- Sound performance rivals the best freestanding speakers
- Mounts easily in standard 16"-on-center, 3 1/2"-deep wall construction
- Optional backbox
- Tiltable, rotatable midrange-tweeter baffle with sound-optimization controls
Trouble viewing the links above? Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
||System 20 LCR
||System 20e SR |
||8 in. CCMG long throw woofer w/Butyl rubber surround and high power motor
Dual 3.5in. CCMG midranges w/Butyl rubber surrounds
1 in. natural silk dome tweeter w/Neodymium magnet and Ferrofluid cooling
|Dual 5.25in. CCMG midranges w/Butyl rubber surrounds|
Dual 3/4 in. natural silk dome tweeters w/Neodymium magnet and Ferrofluid cooling
||3 way, D’Appolito array, magnetically shielded
||Switchable Dipole or Bipole array|
||Midrange Normal, +, - 2dB
High frequencies, Normal, +, - 2dB
||56Hz - 20kHz +/-2dB
||80HZ - 20kHz +/-3dB|
||89dB, 1 watt, 1 meter
||87dB, 1 watt, 1 meter|
||50 - 200WRMS
||50 - 200WRMS|
|Optimum wall volume
||19.09 x 10.63 x 3.7in., 485 x 270 x 94mm
||12.05 x 15.6 x 3.75in., 306 x 396 x 95mm|
||17 13/16 x 9 3/8in., 452 x 238mm
||11 x 14 3/8in., 279 x 365mm.|
||IN-INST 20 LCR required for all installations unless using the following InWall enclosure
||IN-INST 20 SR required for all installations|
||IN-BOX 20 LCR for new construction optionally available
Atlantic Technology reserves the right to change specifications or appearance at any time without notice.
System 20 LCR
The InWall Theater System 20 LCR is our top of the line in-wall, THX Ultra™ certified speaker. It's comprised of sophisticated speakers whose lineage traces directly to our highly regarded System 370 THX. What's more, the System 20 LCR was developed as an element of a fully integrated home entertainment speaker system, created to provide exemplary movie and music reproduction. The 20 LCR blends perfectly with the matching 20e SR surrounds and with other Atlantic speakers, including our award winning center channels and subwoofers. The System 20 LCR's will effortlessly fill large rooms with amazingly natural sound.
The System 20 LCR is essentially an in-wall optimized version of our 371 LR satellite speaker. It delivers superior sound quality and dialogue intelligibility while becoming almost invisible in your room. It's arguably the first in-wall speaker (and certainly the most affordable) capable of competing with high-end enclosed systems. Its flexible mounting system, and its rotatable, tiltable D'Appolito array, lets it deliver optimum performance in practically any room.
Stick'em Up. You're Surrounded!
The System 20e SR is called a surround speaker because that's what it does it surrounds you with the environmental sounds of the scene taking place on the screen. No matter whether in Dolby Surround®, Dolby Digital®, DTS®, or any other format, the surround speakers are most often there to deliver non-localizable environmental sonic cues.
The horizontally mounted System 20e SR offers a unique combination of benefits. It delivers true Dipole surround performance, and yet, thanks to it minimum footprint design, fits easily into a standard 2 x 4 studded wall! Each System 20e SR consists of two sets of matched drivers in essence it is two speaker systems. In Dipole mode these two systems operate "out of phase" with each other. The speaker's sound radiation pattern is similar to an infinity symbol, sweeping along the wall to each side. There's a distinct null or "dead zone" centered directly in front of the speaker which is in turn centered on the seating area. When properly placed and balanced, this creates a large, diffuse, non-localizable, and enveloping sound field that draws you into the action. Should you have an installation in which Dipole operation might be difficult, the speaker can easily be switched to Bipole operation.
Technical Highlights (For the Right Brain Crowd)
System 20e SR
- System 20e SR is a Frequency Enhanced Dipole. It operates as a Monopole from 200Hz down, thereby eliminating the Dipole's tendency to cancel its own bass output. It is a true wide range speaker, fully capable of taking advantage of the latest Digital multi-channel formats.
- A front mounted switch changes the System 20e SR to Bipole mode.
- The System 20e SR fits in standard "two by four", sixteen inch on-center wall construction
System 20 LCR and System 20e SR
- Both speakers feature computer optimized 18dB/octave crossovers with air core inductors.
- Input connections are made with gold plated, heavy duty spring loaded terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge wire, banana plugs, or connector pins.
- Paint shields are supplied making it easy to paint System 20 speakers to match the surrounding wall surface.