Tech Tips From Atlantic Technology
Below are a collection of industry tech tips. From basic to advanced issues, these tips are presented to provide quick, convenient answers to some common sound technology questions. Just click on a tip to read the PDF. Or, using your right mouse button, click a link and choose "Save target as" to download directly to your computer. Don't have Acrobat Reader? Click the icon below and download Reader.
- Tech Tip #7 - Why the ICTS-6 LCR (ICTS-6HT)
The Dilemma: Great Theater Sound, without any visible speakers. (No, not even in-walls!) The Answer: The Atlantic Technology ICTS-6 LCR. Bona fide, top quality LCR sound from a CEILING speaker.
- Tech Tip #10 - 7.1 Dipole Placement
The main thing to keep in mind when placing surround speakers in a home theater is that one or two pairs of surround speakers in your room are somehow supposed to replicate the sound delivered by 12-24 surround speakers in a commercial theater. That’s a big task. Here's how to do it best.
- Tech Tip #11 - Why our Low Resonance Tweeter (LRT™) is better
Atlantic uses a special tweeter in several of its custom-installed models, which makes these speakers better than most others.
- Tech Tip #12 - Will the sound of a 3-in-1 LCR speaker be “squashed” together?
Three-in-one LCR speakers are really gaining in popularity because they offer true hi-fidelity sound from a neat, easy to- install package that doesn’t require any walls to be cut, and doesn’t take up any floor space.
- Tech Tip #13 - What is “Boundary Compensation”?
A boundary, in speaker terms, is any large nearby surface that affects the sound of a speaker.
- Tech Tip #15 -Subwoofer Placement
"Where do I put the subwoofer?" This is probably the most often asked question when putting together a theater system.
- Tech Tip #17- Mix 'n Match
Can I mix 'n match different Atlantic speakers in my Home Theater?
- Tech Tip #19 - What is Clear Filter Technology (CFT)?
Of all those 3-letter acronyms floating around, THIS is the one you should know!
- Tech Tip #20 - Surround Sound Without Surround Speakers!
How to get convincing surround sound WITHOUT having to connect surround speakers!
- TechTip #21 - Always Set the Speaker Size to 'Small'
Confused on how to set your home theater receiver's speaker selector? This will set you straight!
- Tech Tip #24 - Everybody wants POWER!
We'll tell you the secret to getting the power you really need.
- Tech Tip #25 - Do it 'till it Hertz
What do all those strange-sounding terms mean, anyway? Read on--we'll make you sound so smart!
- Tech Tip # 26 - Creating Good Room Acoustics
Getting your room to work with you instead of against you for great sound.
- Tech Tip # 28 - Setting your receiver's sub crossover
This is what you need to know to get great sound from your home theater system.
- Tech Tip # 29 - Spread it Around
We're not spreading peanut butter on toast--we're talking about the whys and wherefores about how speakers spread out sound around the room.
- Tech Tip # 31 - 'Local' Delivery
You've probably heard the term 'localize.' Find out what it means and why it's important to your home entertainment system.
- Tech Tip # 32 - L-C-R Speaker Placement
Everything you need to know about how and where to place your front speakers for best theater sound.
- Tech Tip # 33 -Surround Speakers--Explained!
What surround speakers do, why they're important, how many you need, where to put them. That about covers it, right?
- Tech Tip # 37 - That's a Gross Distortion
How to make sense of all those distortion specs you see bandied about.
- Tech Tip # 38 - Why No Back Box for the IWTS-28 SUB?
This in-wall sub doesn't require a back box--here's why.
- Tech Tip # 40 - Understanding Frequency Response
The concept of Frequency Response is the cornerstone of understanding all things audio. Read this and you're an expert!
- Tech Tip # 42 - Center Channel Dispersion
You might think our "raised tweeter" design is just a pretty face. But with Atlantic, beauty is always more than skin deep.
- Tech Tip # 43 - Incredible H-PAS Technology
This might just be the most revolutionary speaker technology in decades!
- Tech Tip # 44 - More Power to You
Why speakers sound so different: The concepts of Power Response vs. Frequency Response, and other good stuff!
- Tech Tip # 45 - Impeding Your Progress
Decoding all that mysterious talk about speaker impedance.
- Tech Tip # 46 - Don't Get Your Wires Crossed
This is the required follow-on to TT45--all about Series-Parallel wiring. Read 'em both!
- Tech Tip # 47 - Go Wireless!
It's a wireless world.
- Tech Tip # 48 - Three-in-a row
A clever--and smart!--twist on selecting and placing your LCR speakers.
- Tech Tip # 49 - The Remarkable AT-2 Bookshelf Speaker
Unexpected deep bass and sonic refinement, from a package less than 16" tall!